VinTage Clan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VinTage Clan

2 posters

Strategy for Halo 3

X31
    X31
    Admin

Strategy for Halo 3 Empty Strategy for Halo 3

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Team Positioning
    I'm going to put this as simply as I can. FIND A PLACE WITH YOUR TEAM AND HOLD IT. I'm talking about team slayer folks. When you hold a position do it ESPECIALLY when you are in the lead. The enemy is forced to come after you. It makes an easy win if you can hold a position. The enemy will have no choice but to keep coming. STAY AWAY FROM DOORWAYS though, that's the first place they're going to throw grenades. They will do this because they will suspect insidious campers. Holding a position is they key to success and a win. I'm not saying you wont die, but I can guarantee a win.

Camping Works
    While moving around a lot can keep the enemy off balance, camping a room can get a lot of kills. A well prepared defending team can hold one room for a long time, repelling many attacks. Staying away from doors is good, but often standing just to the side of them protects you from grenades and allows you to kill them quickly. Like it was said above, imagine a team camping the Gold Lift room on Guardian. Motion Sensors will betray any sneak attacks, and vigilant guards will find any people trying to sneak past. It is very easy to dodge grenades when camping, as people won't know exactly where to throw them. Throwing a grenade in the door so it goes off as soon as someone walks by either wounds or kills the first people in, or at least deters them from going in that way. A well prepared team can massacre any people trying to attack, and the enemy team will just keep feeding people until they win or the game ends. As long as one stays vigilant, a well prepared team can easily camp and win.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Strategy for Halo 3 Empty Re: Strategy for Halo 3

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Snowbound is a flexible space, but best suited to Slayer and Skirmish games, although it is big enough for vehicles to pick up speed – as long as they’re careful not to head past its automated perimeter defenses. Doing so on foot is suicidal – the turret guns, if you stray too far, will make short work of you. Try not to let yourself get backed out there.

There are two bases, known to Bungie as Low Base (the side closest to the overshield) and High Base (located on the same side as the mountains), since one is obviously vertically higher than the other. It’s also important to note that the interior of High base is also damaged, as the flickering lights and buzzing indicate. The ramped exteriors of both bases make them easy to climb, even in a Ghost (located beneath the Underpass), and there are usually ranged weapons and grenades atop each. Although Low base would seem to have a natural disadvantage, in reality, each is a fine perch to shoot at the other.

There are three places that are best for this map: high base, low base, and the basement with the sniper. If you are to choose one of the bases you're going to want two people around the top of the base and two people inside of the base, this way there wont be a chance for a surprise attack from the basement. With this position held you're only fear (for the people on top of the base for that matter) would be the Beam Rifle which brings me to my next point...

Basement
    The Basement is key. Although the bases are good, the best place would in fact be the basement. If you can assemble your team down there by the shield doors with one person with the Beam Rifle you will win. But, make sure you destroy the power cores by the shield doors before you do anything and keep an eye out for them because they do respawn. Another great advantage about the basement is that it eliminates the fear of the Beam Rifle and the Ghost. So with this position held all you have to do is just pick them off as they throw themselves at you.

Shotgun Pit of Death
    This room may be an advantage, and a disadvantage, all at the same time. What with the shotgun at the place where the shield door usually is(unless you are playing on Boundless, although I favor aspects of both maps.), and the three extra entrances, you never know exactly who is gonna die next. This room is also hazardous because of the 4 power cores(2 on either side) in the Shotgun Ramp. These are most hazardous on Boundless, as neither side has a shield door to protect them. In short, this room is hazardous and fun at the same time. This would be why if you check heatmaps, most kills are usually found to be scored in this room. And that guy who keeps camping with the shotgun is never necessarily unstoppable. He has three(maybe 4) doors which could prove to be a weakness to him. Good luck and watch the campers.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:49 pm

Guardian, like, Snowbound is best suited for Slayer and Skirmish games, but not quite as flexible and far too small for vehicles. With grenades flying through the air, desperate for a kill, and shotguns, hammers, needlers, snipers and grenade, grenade! GRENADE!

The trick is to keep a controlled environment. There are three places in this map that are good for camping: The Sniper tower with the Overshield, shotgun tower with the cloaking device (we'll call it the Gold Room), and the Blue Room to the right of the Gold Room.

The Blue room is probably not the best choice for places your team should camp in because of its small size and the plasma batteries, but it does eliminate the fear of the Sniper Rifle. In this room you can effectively hold each doorway, but a man with a shotgun or a well placed Grenade could be the end of you and your team. Although the Sniper Tower has an overshield and a Sniper Rifle there are too many ways the enemy can surprise attack you. However I would recommend using this area above all in team doubles because of its small size.

Gold Room
    The absolute best place for team slayer has to be the room next to the Cloaking Device we call the Gold Room. From this room each person on your team can guard each doorway without totally exposing themselves, and unlike the blue room its large enough so that you can move comfortable around the area especially if a Grenade enters the area you can easily avoid it. You can also stay in the basement of the gold room with your team, but it tends to get a bit crowded and you will most likely be bombarded by grenades from both the doorway and from the gold room above you. Plus it also increases the fear of being sniped, which is really the only small fear you would have if you were to stay on the top floor. This will cause the other team to have anxiety and a fear of losing, which will shake there mental stability and force them to make illogical decisions based on there gameplay, so they will just throw themselves at you desperate for a kill, and you and your team can just take them out.

Sniper Tower
    Side note: I don't suggest the Gold room for the fact of there is the lift, blue to gold jump, ledge jump from bottom gold right side, ledge between shotgun and gold, invis door, hallway from blue to gold, and then the front. I would hold sniper/green and revert to gold if you cant hold there.

Alternative Strategy: Although holding gold can yield some success, I find a much more consistent and powerful strategy to be occupying the Sniper Tower, Elbow (Ramp connecting the green platform with S2) and Top Tree. This allows a player with the sniper rifle to control players in the gold room (From the top of the tower, or "S3"), while his teammates situated on the elbow and in S2 can watch S1, bottom center (AKA Bottom Glass), snipe lift (Lift from bottom blue to S3) and Top Glass. The sniper can continually pick up ammunition from his position at S3 (in MLG format, if playing in regular Team Slayer he will have to periodically move down to S1 to reload) while two of his teammates have virtually every weak point of his covered. The final teammate, at top tree, can prevent the opposing team from grabbing the Active Camo while also controlling movement in the Blue room window area (Exit of Blue room that heads onto top glass which has visibility of S3 but cover of a window).

I just have 1 tip here at Snipe tower which is... Make sure you have your sniper at S1,S2 hard for grenades to hit you and run under class if there's a Panic, and go to green no one really goes to green often.

About the sniper tower, I should mention that the tower, no matter where you are, is one big weak spot. If you're in scope mode, instead of watching your radar, you are INCREDIBLY vulnerable to anyone, from almost all angles. So I, personally, would not recommend sniping on this map too often, but rather using the sniper for some quick No-Scopes. Yes, I do know about the bottom hallway with the gravity hammer, but I think you are still quite vulnerable from the ramp next to you, or anyone coming from the level above for that matter, as the old snipe below, jump-snipe above strategy will leave you temporarily vulnerable to a quick plasma grenade from either level, depending on your position as the sniper. The sniper rifle is definitely useful, however it has many flaws on any map, but somewhat especially maps like this one.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:51 pm

The Pit, unlike Guardian or Snowbound has a much more space and can be a better controlled environment. You can move around more in this map, and you won't get grenaded to death by desperate adversaries "dying" to get a kill. This map is also best suited for Slayer and Skirmish games.

We got three places for this map in I will list them now and I reiterate: either tower on the map, or my personal favorite the sword room. From these places you can effectively guarantee a win in a Slayer match.

Towers
    For the towers you really only need two people (this makes it very useful for team doubles): someone with a close range preferably a Shotgun or a Sword but a shotgun would be better, because if someone came at you with a sword the shotgun would indefinably win if they were squaring off with each other believe it or not. The other person should have more of a long ranged weapon, a sniper rifle would be best for this scenario and while those two are up there your other team mates could either be on top of the other base or running around (together) totally demolishing the other team with the help of your ever-watchful sniper.

The Sword Room
    The moment we've all been waiting for. In this room. Someone grab a sword, have some people grab the maulers and have someone hold tight because they are about to own this slayer match. From this room you have already won the game you basically just have to wait it out. The strategy isn't that hard. Just have some guy around the corners checking occasionally to see if someone is rushing your team and that's it you should have won. I would advise to watch out for Power Drainers because they make you highly vulnerable to grenades which you will almost always suffer continual bombardment from. Finally, when using this room I would advise that you play 'fluidly'. By this I mean, do not stay crouched in one corner of the room come hell and high water as this makes you easy-pickings for your enemy, keep moving (stay crouched to remain radar invisible) so that you can punish those over-inquisitive foes.

Aside from the front door to the room, grenades can also get at you from the small windows at the top of the walls to the left and right of the sword. These are often overlooked, but deadly when used. If you see an enemy on your radar, coming up at the room, but he doesn't come to the door or throw grenades at it, watch these windows, because they can assist your enemies in taking the sword and/or shotguns/maulers. Also the enemy could possibly throw a Power Drain up through it, and force you out of the room, and make you vulnerable(and shield-less), so they can score a quick, easy kill with just about any weapon. And, aside from the Power Drain, or grenades, the enemy might think about grabbing the rockets, and rushing over to the room to get an easy Extermination. Believe me, it sucks to lose that chance at the MVP achievement when your enemy gets one medal better than you, along with the game's only overkill. You may still get the achievement for this game, or a later one, but if you DO manage to get one on that game you played with the kid firing the rockets at you for a nice Extermination, its gonna be pretty close.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:52 pm

For the most part, Isolation is a pretty flexible map, but most of the heat occurs at the bridge area where the Sniper Rifle is or directly under it where the rockets spawn.

There are multiple places you could camp in. On top or in the shotgun spawn area on top of the map. On the bridge with the Sniper Rifle, or under that area, also the underground rooms on either side are great for camping in when you have powerful weapons. I would recommend moving continuously around the central pillar or standing stationary in the small alcove next to the windows, this tactic is especially good in Oddball games because it forces the enemy to meet you head on where the Oddball becomes a dangerous weapon.

If you have a player on your team who is good with vehicles, make sure he rushes the Ghost. The Ghost on this map, as I have seen so many times, can be awful to play against and can control the game if used correctly. If playing against it, try to get a few spike grenades right when you spawn.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Yeah...um, Construct? NOT a flexible map. Its easy to get stuck. I reiterate, Its EASY to get stuck (and I don't mean with a plasma grenade). What do I mean by that? Well I'll tell you as i go over the valuable positions of this map, but first we have to discuss the map. The largest issue people have with this map is going up the lifts. There's always a camper up there, or there whole team will be up there and you'll know it but for some reason you have the mentality that you can defeat them 1 to 4 and so on, and so on, and so on. The point is, is that its an issue, but i have a solution! Look at the picture under the title of this map. Do you see the two ramps leading up to the sword room? Yes, you can walk up those things. If there whole team is up there don't waste kills using the lifts and throwing yourself into an abyss of death. Its just not healthy folks, and its a waste of batteries in your controller. So just use the ramps please. Oh and if there team is at the top of the yellow lift. JUST TAKE THE STAIRS! They're right behind it. The Gold lift has, since the games release, proven an excellent place for those stupid campers(N00BS!!!!), and is often the reason why Construct is not a widely favored map.

Alright! Positions for this map. Like pretty much all of the maps so far there have been 3 places you could camp with your team, so guess how many places are that you can camp in this map. You guessed it: 3, and all of them are on the top floor. The purple lifts and the gold lift.

Purple Lifts
    The purple lifts can be very effective, but very crowded, so don't have your whole team in there at once. This is were you get stuck. We've all been there. You know, when you just minding your business by the purple lift with your team and next thing you know, a billion grenades start coming in from both entrances, and then you start getting shot at from both entrances and next thing you know: your stuck. So keep it loose and try not to have that many people in there. Another tip I have for you is distraction. When you go up the purple lift you turn to the lobby or street so.... Have someone stand looking at the lift and someone behind it. When he turns around to attack other the person you assassinate him ( Won't work every time).
    Gold Lift
    Now if you actually plan on defeating your enemy AND making them look stupid. Use the Gold lift area. you can put as many guys on that spot as you want. In fact. The more the better. From this position, like the sword room on the pit. You have already once again won the game and just have to wait it out. 'Cause what happens is it messes with your opponents minds. First, they get a little worried when they lose the lead, and then they start to panic, next thing you know there whole team has forgotten everything they learned from playing halo and just aimlessly throw themselves at you trying to get a kill. If you use this method you will dominate the other team. So that's all folks with this method you'll never lose a match on Construct. And once again I'm sorry for the delay, but school started you know, so now its been harder than ever trying to find time.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Now we've all tried this, and we all know that if its not done properly you will get rather "stuck". This works best teamed up with mates who will listen to your instructions. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU TRY TO "LONE-WOLF" STANDOFF UNLESS YOUR UNBELIEVABLY GOOD, SO GOOD THAT YOU ARE LIKE AN UBER 1337 NOOB-OWNING LOSER-RAPING GOD AT HALO 3! Anyway, have someone grab a shotgun and drive the warthog into the front door. Yes you heard me, drive it into the front door. And for the love of god, man, don't use the turret unless you value your face. Have someone guarding the entrance to the main room from the lower level, and don't activate the switch that opens up the base. Have one person at the end of the hallway (that opens into the hillside). There is a little alcove where you are hidden from someone walking in, making for an easy assassination as they turn their backs to you as you walk in. There is also another alcove at the side of the hallway where the base is. This is used if the base comes under siege. From these spots it is almost impossible to hit each other because of the curve of the hallway. Just don't throw grenades and you have no fear of betrayal. Assuming there is a forth person, have him/her defend the lower levels or hold the main room with the other guy. This tactic could seem hard to comprehend but once you get it working, your almost guaranteed a win. Your main fears would be a rocket, a turret, and if you show yourself, a spartan or a warthog. Keep your base defended and you'll do fine!
    Control the Center
    The plan above is okay if your playing against noobs, or your entire team is an expert at this plan and camping. I personally have faced against another team with this tactic... and we owned them. Final score: 50-27. Just pick up a shotty, rockets, camo, and stickys. Invade the base, kill the team, and wait for them to respawn. Most likely they'll ether try to take over their base again or they'll rush to the other base to defend themselves. Ether way, open the windows and the secret entrance, and rush them in the open with a warthog. If they get back to the base, you have the windows open and can distract them with nades while a buddy goes behind and hits them with the shotty.

If your confident you can hold your base, be my guest. But here are two other alternatives that I find more effective than camping. This map is about controlling the center. It is very bad when the enemy can force you into your base. They can expect where you'll appear, and can simply rush in when they have all of the power weapons and camo. This is what the two alternatives address. Attacking the center, and forcing the battle onto the opponents side of the map.

Plan 1: Domination.

Three guys need to jump into the warthog, the passenger needs the shotgun. Then swing by the spartan lazer and let the passenger get it. While that is happening, your 4th team member needs to get onto the turret and do something I call turret sniping. The turret is a surprisingly accurate gun in the fact that it's bullets do not spread out very much. And it's power will at least completely lower the shields of anyone in the open with a few hits. The "turret sniper" is going to be hitting whatever enemy in the open that he can find, specifically any near the enemy camo and rocket spawn. When he gets under fire or your warthog is destroyed, someone needs to pick up your rockets and the camo. If you've played the game right, your opponents team should be trapped around their base getting hit by all points. Remember to bombard them with your frags. BOTH of them. You'll pick up more on their body or you'll find some more near by. And get their shotgun once it spawns. Practice the first part of this plan with your team a few times in forge as it is crucial to placing a hold on the map.

Plan 2: Distract and Destroy.

This one is a little simpler than the last, but it needs more teamwork and practice than the first plan. Three of your team members need to rush to the rocks and hold fire there. If your shields go down half-way, pull behind the rocks and use your grenades. #1 priority for these guys is to not let the other team leave their rocks. #2 priority is to not get killed, which will cost time, and make it easier for the enemy to accomplish the first priority. Your last team member will be the guy that gets the kills. He will rush to the camo first, and then to the rockets. He will sneak behind the enemy while they aren't paying attention and cause havoc. The rock guys move forward, or get the warthog (while another team mate destroys theirs) and own the map.

EDIT: My only problem with this strategy is that in the beginning, one good rocket shot and your warthog, along with three teammates, is gone. Instead, spread out, everyone do a seperate job, and force the enemy into hiding with the strategy below. DaSn1per

Warthog Domination
    Here's a little strategy for regular team slayer on standoff. 4 vs. 4, everyone starts with an AR. Players are referred to as A, B, C, and D. First off, players A and B get into the warthog as quickly as they can. They immediately drive around the edge of the map and go behind the enemy base. Now they have the high ground, a good sight line, and they are safe until they can see enemy vehicles. They will continue to drive around the outside of the map killing enemies. Player C is the camper. They grab the shotgun and head for the camo. Once there, they get the stickies and head for the back door of the enemy base. This will force enemies to spawn outside the base, while makes them exposed to the warthog. Player D plays base defense. He grabs the rocket launcher, and then, if no enemies are around, they grab the splazer. Quickly, they rush back to the base and get on top. They can work the turret, but mainly thier job is to eliminate the enemy warthog that will eventually come by. Now, at this point, all players are either in possesion of power weapons or in a vehicle.

Now, how it plays out... Players A and B are patrolling the outside of the map in the warthog, quick to kill any enemies left standing outside. Enemies killed by the warthog can't spawn in their base, because player C is camping inside with a renewable source of shotgun ammo. Meanwhile, they can't attack the home base because player D is taking out vehicles with his laser and rockets, and controlling the middle of the map with his turret and a source of BR ammo to use once he runs out of rocket or laser ammo. Enemies, once killed by the warthog, camper, or base defender, will spawn in the missile silos, where they will be slaughtered by the warthog. Can you say overkill? This game should be a blowout if all players stick to plan. Once someone dies, they can try to regain their position, or simply attack with BRs, as that is what this map is famous for. Once you have the lead, preserve it. This strategy is very useful on Stanoff, hope it helps!

I call this warthog domination not because the warthog is the most important part of this strategy, but becuase usually the warthog gunner gets the majority of kills for the team. Some of my best games have come from using this strategy on standoff, and warthog runs have been known to last for over 20 kills. Basically, if everyone sticks to the plan, the warhog dominates the map.

General Tips
    General Tips are easy to remember, flexible, and adaptable to any situation. They aren't a plan that you have to stick with that will fail if the enemy does one different thing. Their just objectives. So here are some for Standoff. 1) If you die, find a BR. In this map, the best weapons to use are the rockets, the needler, and the BR. The BR is closest to the bases, and the most practiced weapon.

2) Don't forget to go to silo 1 and 2. There are needlers, a bubble shield and cover at the silos. They're a powerful place to go to when you want to get to the back of an enemy base, get a kill, use the b-shield, and give your team mates a chance to advance while the entire enemy team is focused on you.

3) Get stickies. There are tons of stickies in your base. It will take 2 extra seconds to get some, and they can save you from a warthog, or blast out an enemy behind cover.

Summary
    Key ideas to remember when playing Team Slayer on Standoff:

Action generally takes place in the bases or around the center.
    This is a VERY large map with lots of open sight lines, but more important, lots of cover. Don't get caught wandering in the open! Try to find long range weapons. BR's are spread out everywhere.
    A warthog with a good driver, a good gunner, and good communication will dominate.
    Know how to defeat enemy vehicles. Know where the splaser, stickies, energy drains, brute shots are. There is a TON of cover around the vehicle trails to ambush an unsuspecting warthog. Corners ambushes work best since most teams will push through the center.
    Guard the center! Spawn points are not forgiving if the enemy has overrun your base.
    Know the spawn points - this allows you to keep the tempo high.
    Battle Rifle is KING if used correctly, just keep your distance.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Like its predecessor Lockout, Blackout can be a very tricky map but if you have the correct strategy it can be very rewarding. This map is ideal for the Slayer enthusiast as it features both close-quarters and long distance combat in equal portions. If you intend to win on this map, it's important to control one of the three towers and choosing which one is entirely dependent upon which weapons you possess and what position you are in.

Battle Rifle Tower
    This tower is suited towards your needs if:

Your team has the Sniper Rifle and it's in capable hands.
    Or your team has the lead and the majority of your team has Battle Rifles or a weapon similar to it, in the case of Doubles it's fine as long as you have one person with BR.
    It is probable that, without those circumstances, you will not be able to hold the tower for long.

Sniper Rifle Tower
    This tower is suited towards your needs if:

At least 50% of your team has a close-range weapon of some kind (Energy Sword, Shotgun, Mauler etc.)
    Or if the majority of your team has BRs, and you are in the lead.
    Lift Tower
    This tower should only be used as a last resort, or if you meet the first condition completely.

If you have the lead, and your team is in possession of both the Shotgun and the Energy Sword this would be a strategic goldmine.
    If you have both close-range weapons, but are losing, this might work well for you. Take heed that if the other team does not show up (with or without baiting) within a minute it is unwise to remain there any longer.
    As previously state, only use this map as a last resort on average ~ Undaunted

Ramp Room
    Ever walk into that one room with the ramps on three of four walls, and fall victim to a camper with the sword? Me too! Throw some grenades before entering. This will force him to move when hit, so you can check your radar to see if he is there. This will help you to temporarily escape him, and buy yourself some time, if your grenade did not kill him. Also, if he doesn't watch himself, he could find out exactly how cold the Arctic Ocean really is, if you know what I mean.

Summary
    To recap, the main points you need to remember are...

Hold a position with your team!
    Gather all the best weapons!
    Be patient, don't give your enemies the satisfaction of a kill, if they are camping, try to tease them out into the open where they can be shot down!
    Be fluid, if you are facing all hell plus a few grenades, fall back and fight another day!
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:01 pm

High Ground

When your team spawns on the beach the complement of mongooses are excellent for transporting troops fast up to the base in objective games but other than transporting these vehicles should not be used for assaulting the actual base. Once in range of the base in a secure location the mongoose should be dismounted and should be continued on foot. To really think ahead hiding the mongoose in the direction facing back to your base so you or someone else could jump on with the flag/bomb in hand and drive it quickly back to the base.

• One of the most classic, and easily executed, but still stunning when properly executed moves on High Ground is the classic Pincer movement. On High Ground due to the bridge being the primary point in which the enemy stops a assault on the base if the assaulting team breaks up into two segments it is possible to attack all the forces on the bridge from both sides by going up to from the tower and the broken wall.

• On High Ground one of the more difficult and advanced manuevers a team can perform is a flanking movement. Flanking involves secretly getting behind the enemy to attack them from the back. Usually this technique is very hard to near impossible for more than 1 or 2 people at the most to pull off but combined with a good destraction like a frontal assault a flanking manuever can work fairly well in clearing the bridge area and the base. However due to the respawning of the enemy near the base it is possible to be outflanked.

• In defending the base the best position to attack players on foot coming towards the gate is to stand on top of the platform up the stairs and aim down at the area in front of the wall. This will give you a expansive few of the area and a good vantage point to see any oncoming attack. The drawback to this position is that it leaves you wide open to sniper attacks since the sniper spawns on the beach.

• Inside the base itself since the walls are all multilevel platforms which are part of the base structure the courtyard in the middle of the base can be a dangerous place and a high intensity fighting ground. It is best to get the strategic advantage of height in this area to pick enemies off.

• The Bunker has many twists and turns and doorways and stairs so to be sure not to be caught off guard by any enemies it is best always to keep a few grenades handy in this area to throw around the corner if you suspect a enemy to be hiding in waiting.

• The Pipe Room is a covert way into the base. Players assaulting from the beach will find the Broken Wall leading which reveals an exposed pipe. Silence has a price, though. Players have to crouch through the pipe, so while they won’t appear on motion tracking, they will be traveling considerably slower.

• Aside from the hatch and the stairs, there is a third and much more inventive way for players to get over the rampart-setting a Gravlift on the ground right in front of the wall will allow soldiers to launch themselves into the air and clear the wall. Expert Mongoose riders will also want to give this a try while on a vehicle.

• When spawning on the outside of the base, remember to use the transport on the left side of the base. This is a great spot to pick players off. If anyone tries to come up, there are spike grenades that spawn there, so just throw them on the corner of the stairs. Keeping that middle bridge under control by your team is vital as you can do serious damage especially in Team Slayer in terms of containing them, and them forcing them to spawn outside of the base. At this point, keep hold of that transport and the left side stairs. The only threat by then would be from the sniper.

• Use the trees for good coverage. Not only staying behind it, but you can get on top of the branches. It is very useful especially in territories when guarding a teammate while they get territory number 1. It is also a dangerous spot to snipe as often times, they won't notice where you are
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:03 pm

Valhalla

When playing a objective game and attacking the enemies base, like congratulation you can go in from either the front the back or the top. Most people prefer to go in from the top because of the surprise factor but in actuality you lose a lot of surprise this way. Since there will be multiple defenders if it is CTF or assault going in from the top allows your enemy to see you before you see them, if even for a split second and you are for another split second disoriented which gives your enemy enough time to kill you. However, if you have grenades it can be a good idea to chuck them down into the base to distract the defenders but this will also put them on their guard. Going in from the sides means you can make a effective attack and draw back if the odds are against you.

• When traversing across this map on foot its best to try and go along undetected, which isn't that hard given its size. If everyone travels separately the enemy will not find and eliminate everyone before they reach the other side of the map where the objective is. Inversely, if everyone travels together the enemy will be able to find you and see you but attacking and killing you all will be harder because of the combined firepower.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Ghost Town

(This is a 4v4 scenario) From the pipe spawn, send one guy (preferably your CQC guy) through town hall and grab rockets, jumping to overshield and standing by until he has movement by the enemy. One he gets fired upon, he can grab Overshield for a couple seconds of invincibility and safety from Mr. Shotgun freak. He can then grab the shotgun, pick up the Bubble shield and provide close support in town hall. Send two guys into the Treatment Facility to secure the sniper rifle, and the last guy can just hightail it into town hall and stand by for his close support. I know Town Hall isn't that great for defense, simply because it has too many invasion points and you can hit nearly everything from every angle with a grenade bounce. That's where your sniper comes into play. He can monitor anyone coming from the factory towards shotgun/overshield spawn and give whoever is in Town Hall a heads up. He also has a long distance to cover inside the Treatment Facility for self preservation, along with his backup team member. 9/10 times, you have a huge split from the Factory spawn. One guy grabs shotgun, two goes for active and snipe, and the 4th guy just kinda charges into Town Hall on the top catwalk. This is why it's better to spawn by the pipes.

On the flipside, if you spawn at the Factory, grab whatever BR you can (assuming it's not Team BRs), the bruteshot, and if someone is good with it, the Needler. Then make your way to the power weapons if you must.
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Post  X31 Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Avalanche

OFFENSE

Get one player piloting a Hornet with a passenger on the side and one in a mongoose. Both of them should head to rockets. The driver of the mongoose should get out and grab the rockets as the hornet hovers above (do it quickly otherwise you're an easy target).. Then the person with rockets should get in the hornet side seat. Who said they took away the rockets from the hornet?
    If you have time, you can tell your other passenger to get the spartan laser to reduce chances of the enemy destroying your hornet.

Then head to the enemy base. Destroy as many vehicles as you can with your hornet and your rocket armed passenger. Drop off the other passenger at the entrance to the base or at the mancannons leading into it. The rest of your team should have attacked the base by now.

If there is a mongoose: Have one of your teammates drive it while the flag carrier gets on the back. You can keep piloting your hornet at the enemy base to destroy any enemies in pursuit. Also guard the teleporters. Remember the mongoose can go through the shortcut in the middle, while many other vehicles can't.

If there is No Mongoose: Pick him up in the hornet and fly to the other base. If your team can aquire a tank, use it to destroy any enemies in pursuit. If you are about to die, drop off the flag carrier at a mancannon.

If you are on foot Remember to use shortcuts like the mancannons, teleporters, and the cave in the middle of the map.

DEFENSE

Points to Guard
    -Teleporters
    -Entrances
    -Flag Area

Defensive Tools
    -Trip Mines
    -Anti Vehicle Weapons (Missle Pod, Spartan Laser, Rocket Launcher if your hornet isn't using it)
    -Sniper Rifle
    -Tank

Notes If your team is not using them, destroy any mongooses that could be used for a quick escape. Keep defensive vehicles like tanks and a banshee, but watch out for the spartan laser.

GENERAL

Destruction Warthog Specs: (Defensive)
    -Driver
    -Gunner
    -Passenger with Spartan Laser or Rockets (this also prevents enemies from getting triple kills)

(Make sure that someone ON YOUR TEAM takes the missle pods before you start driving)

Assault Warthog Specs:
    -Driver
    -Gunner
    -Passenger (to get flag) (passenger can also meet warthog after) Passenger may go through teleporter, grab flag, and jump in waiting warthog (takes planning)

Gun turrets
    -Never try to take a vehicle down with a turret (except mongoose). You will almost always lose. They usually have better weapons, and they can dodge your bullets or go out of your sight lines

-They can be pretty useful at times. While you can't use it to defeat a vehicle 1 on 1, you can use it to assist your teammate if the two vehicles are locked in battle.

-Don't take it off the stand until you need to.

-good for taking out soldiers on foot, but you are a sitting duck for spartan lasers.

-Use it to protect three critical assets. The teleporter, the rockets, and the mancannon. If you don't protect it, you are essentially keeping the backdoor open
    GenesisLight
    GenesisLight
    Admin

Strategy for Halo 3 Empty Another tip

Post  GenesisLight Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:49 am

Another tip for halo 3 MLG or normal team slayer.

You live by your grenades or die by them.
    When you lower your enemies shield try to run into a tight corner then throw the grenade to the wall beside you

%= notting(space) i cant use spaces

|| = you
    / \

^.^
    || = enemy
    / \

@= grenade

|
    | = corner
    |

<<< = you walking to

%%%%%%%%|
    %%%%%%%%|%%0.0%%%%^.^
    %<<<%%%%%|@%||%%%%%||
    %%%%%%%%|%%/ \%%%%%/ \
    ______________|________________________

So it means throw the grenade and bounce on the wall and back to the enemy and continue walking i cant show you a detailed way
    make sure that his shield is down abit will do and do a fast grenade toss.
    If the grenade didnt kill him use a battle riffle and headshot him head for an easy kill.Basically this is only for frag grenade.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 pm