VinTage Clan

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VinTage Clan

3 posters

Halo 3 ODST

LaybackChicken
    LaybackChicken
    ODST(Special)

Halo 3 ODST Empty Halo 3 ODST

Post  LaybackChicken Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 am

This is LaybackChicken a.k.a Chicken Rice to give you a review of Bungie's standalone expansion, Halo 3 ODST. The story takes place during the events of Halo 2 when ODST were to drop on a Covenant Ship which slipspaced. The slipspace rupture hits the ODSTs drop pods causing them to seperate. One of the ODSTs the Rookie, woke up 6 hours after the drop. He must find pieces to unravel his ODST squadmates story with help from the city's AI, the Superintendent. The story will be badass once you progress the game. The gameplay is different than Halo 3. Instead of playing as a Spartan or an Elite you will now take control of an ODST. As you progress the story you will play as different ODST. ODSTs have certains stuff which Spartans or Elites don't have such as the VISR which is like a flaslight which is even better. The health system is similiar the original Halo, making the ODSTs weaker. The others are similiar to the Chief but your jumps are not as high and you run slower. Melee attacks are weak and you know the rest. There are new enemies like Drones with energy shields. Unlike Halo 3 you cannot use Equipment but the enemies can. Apart from the Campaign mode there is a new co-op mode called Firefight which is similiar to CoD:Waw's Nazi Zombies and GoW's Horde Mode. You can play alone, with 2 players splitscreen or play with up to 4 friends online or system link. You have to battle enemies for an unlimited time. 5 waves per round. 3 round per set. As you progress through Firefight different skulls will be activated making the game harder. Another thing the was added to the game was a seperate disc which is called Halo 3 Mythic which contains all the Halo 3's multiplayer maps and 3 exclusive Maps. It contains all of Halo 3's mode except campaign. The graphics were not any different so I have no comment. So that about does it for my review and I think the whole game is not worth $80. I give the game 8/10. This is LaybackChicken signing out.

Last edited by LaybackChicken on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    X31
    X31
    Admin

Halo 3 ODST Empty Re: Halo 3 ODST

Post  X31 Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:47 pm

I would give this review a 4/5, its a good review, but its a little short
    daspamma
    daspamma
    SG Marine Private

Post  daspamma Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:01 am

X31 wrote:I would give this review a 4/5, its a good review, but its a little short
    I agree,but the game was crap.Removing the BR made more difference than we expected.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:15 am